RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Bad Beat Jackpot will only apply to the game of Texas Hold ’em. “Bad Beat” means a high ranking poker hand that is beat by a higher ranking hand (e.g., four Kings losing to a straight flush).
- A minimum of five players must be seated and dealt in at the beginning of the hand in order to qualify for the Bad Beat. A Bad Beat shall only apply to the first natural five community cards dealt. Bomb pots will not qualify as “Bad Beat” eligible as the cards are not dealt in a natural order. As long as a player has active chips on the table, and is paying club access fees, they will be eligible to receive a portion of the Bad Beat.
- To qualify for the Bad Beat Jackpot, a player must have four 10’s or better beaten. If the winning or losing player has made a four-of-a-kind, that player must have a pocket pair to qualify. Both the winning and losing hands must use both of their hole cards.
- The hand must go to showdown (played to the end, where all cards have been dealt and players have completed betting and shown their cards to determine the winner) in order for the jackpot to be awarded.
- Players must play their hands independently. Any discussion of the Bad Beat or jackpot amount during the playing of the hand will void any and all Jackpot payouts. If any player, whether directly or indirectly involved in the hand, telegraphs information, instructs another player on how to act or reveals his/her hand to other players, the Bad Beat Jackpot will be voided.
- The Lodge Management reserves the right to verify eligibility of all qualifying hands. There will be no recourse if the cards are mucked before surveillance was able to verify the winning and losing hands or the community cards.
- In order to collect any of The Lodge Bad Beat Jackpot payout, a valid, non-expired government issued photo ID or passport will be required. Payouts of the Bad Beat Jackpot are as follows:
- 50% of the Bad Beat Jackpot will be awarded to the Bad Beat hand (losing hand).
- 30% of the Bad Beat Jackpot will be awarded to the winner of the hand.
- 20% of the Bad Beat Jackpot will be awarded equally among the seated players at the table who were paying club access fees at the beginning of the hand.
- A player who removes his/her chips from the table prior to showdown on a hand where a Bad Beat is won, forfeits his/her right to any prize money.
- Winners will be solely responsible for all taxes.
All prizes won are final and no substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted.